The mission of the TATS Secondary Schools Committee is to identify and address issues of concern for the athletic trainer in the secondary school setting. The committee is dedicated to educating the public about interscholastic and youth sports health and safety and on the importance of athletic training services for all secondary schools while working in conduction with the TSSAA, the Tennessee Board of Education, the Tennessee Board of Health and all related healthcare and secondary school personnel and/or entities to promote this mission.
- Work cooperatively with other groups associated with the healthcare of secondary school aged athletes
- Provide education to both school administrators and community members on the need for athletic trainers in all secondary school settings in Tennessee.
- Provide educational information regarding health and sports safety to the public
- Establish methods for increasing public awareness about athletic trainers by developing materials for distribution to physicians, administrators, and parents highlighting educational background, licensing/certification procedures, and CEU requirements for the athletic trainer
- Continue to gather data concerning the dynamic work environment of the secondary school athletic training community
- Provide resources and educational opportunities for secondary school athletic trainers